- Hearing loss and the need for captions to use the telephone effectively are required to receive the CaptionCall captioning service and phone at no cost.
- CaptionCall is a captioning service that uses a live captioning agent and advanced voice recognition technology to generate captions of what the user’s callers say.
- CaptionCall is certified by the FCC to provide captioned telephone service.
- Funding for CaptionCall service is based on an assessment paid by telephone communications companies. These companies often pass this cost along to telephone subscribers in the form of a surcharge.
- The offer of a complimentary CaptionCall phone or captioning service cannot be tied to any other offer or program.
- When you offer CaptionCall, you must explain the eligibility requirements.