How to engage patients with CaptionCall
1. Ask questions about using the phone
- Do you have a hard time hearing on the phone?
- Do you have to ask people to repeat themselves regularly on the phone?
- Do you avoid answering the phone or ask others to make calls for you?
- CaptionCall is a great way to understand phone calls better.
- It works just like a regular phone.
- It has a large screen with big text for easy reading.
- There’s a speaker phone function.
- You can customize the audio for your hearing.
2. Introduce CaptionCall
Refer to your demo phone or offer a CaptionCall brochure. Don’t have a demo phone in your office? Request a demo phone now.
3. Explain that there is no cost for the CaptionCall phone or service.
The CaptionCall phone and service are free with professional certification.
- CaptionCall is part of a federal program that provides captioning service for people with hearing loss who need captions to use the phone effectively.
- A professional CaptionCall Trainer will personally deliver and install the phone. They will teach you how to use it, free of charge.
- Verify the patient needs captions to use the phone effectively.
- Verify the patient has a home phone line or an Internet connection.
- Offer to sign them up for a no-cost CaptionCall phone.
- Complete their certification form before they leave your office.
- Let them know that CaptionCall will contact them within 2 business days to schedule their installation.
4. Verify eligibility and submit the certification form.
If you have questions, please contact your local CaptionCall representative or call us toll-free at 1-877-557-2227. Thank you for sharing CaptionCall with your valued patients!
“Every physician’s office that caters to the senior population should offer CaptionCall to their patients. Not only has it helped our patients in their personal lives, but it has helped our staff communicate via phone with our hard of hearing patients much more effectively.”Tasha