The answering machine on your captioned telephone allows you to lead your busy life without having to worry about missing important messages. With CaptionCall, you can choose to record the audio and captions of all incoming messages using the built-in answering system. Your captioned telephone service can also caption messages you receive from your phone provider.
If you haven’t set up your CaptionCall answering machine yet, we’re here to show you how! It’s quick and easy, and it even allows you to leave a personalized voice message greeting so your contacts know they’ve reached the right person.
We’ve provided you with a step-by-step captioned phone user guide below so you can see exactly how it works!
Setting Up Your Answering Machine
To choose your voice message system, follow these steps:
- First, hang up the handset and press “Settings” on the bottom-left corner of the screen and scroll to “SYSTEM.”
- Scroll down the menu and tap “Voice Messages” under “SYSTEM.”
- From here, select “Built-in Answering System” at the top-left corner of the menu (or another type of voice message system, if you prefer). This system will allow you to record a personal greeting for your callers to hear.
- Underneath this option, you can select the “-” and “+” buttons to select how many times you want the phone to ring before going to voicemail.
- Select [command] to exit. Your answering system is now active!
Add Your Own Voice Message Greeting
The steps to adding your own voice message greeting are very similar to the steps above:
- Select “Settings” and scroll to “SYSTEM.” Select “Voice Messages.”
- Select “Built-in Answering System” at the top-left corner of the screen.
- At the bottom of the “Voice Messages” menu, select “Custom Greeting.”
- Press “RECORD” when you’re ready. In a voice message greeting, people usually state their name and request the contact details of the caller so you can return their call later.
- Select “STOP” when you’re done recording. You can select “PLAY” to hear what you’ve recorded and determine if you want to re-record your message.
- When you’re satisfied with your voice message greeting, select the green check mark at the top-left corner of the screen to put your message into action.
How to Get Voice Messages
Voice messages are easy to retrieve after you’ve missed a call:
- Press the “Voice Messages” button on the left side of the dial pad.
- A list of voice messages you’ve received will appear on the touch screen. Select the message you want to hear to play it.
- The voice message audio will play and display the captions on the touch screen at the same time.
If you’ve opted to use your own standalone answering machine instead of CaptionCall’s built-in voicemail system, follow this process:
- Press the same “Voice Messages” button to the left of the dial pad.
- Pick up the handset and hold it next to the answering machine.
- A captioning agent will transcribe the message so you can see what the caller said on your touch screen.
- These captions can be saved the same way you’d save other captioned calls.