A captioned telephone service typically requires you to have Wi-Fi connectivity for an optimal experience. When using a captioned telephone, nothing causes frustration like Wi-Fi issues, even when you have a strong Wi-Fi signal.
In this captioned phone user guide, we’ll walk you through some simple fixes to potential Wi-Fi issues on your CaptionCall phone so you can continue communicating seamlessly with your loved ones!
Network Connection Error
The “Network Problem” error is one of the most common connectivity alerts and usually the easiest to fix. Here are two troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue based on whether you have a wired network or a wireless network.
If your captioned telephone has a wired connection to your network, follow this two-step solution:
- Locate the thin black power cord on the back of the phone. Unplug it for a full minute.
- Plug the cord back in and wait a full minute after the CaptionCall logo disappears to see if the correct time is displayed on the screen. The correct time indicates that you’ve restored your network connection.
If you have a wireless network (which doesn’t have a cable for your internet), rely on the CaptionCall phone to automatically detect your home network.
Here’s how you can ensure Wi-Fi connectivity:
- Close out of the error message by pressing “OK.”
- Press the settings icon on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to “NETWORK” and select “Wireless.”
- If it isn’t already on, select “ON.”
- Select the name of your home Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Enter your password and select the green save checkmark at the top left.
- Wait for a full minute to allow the phone to reconnect.
Telephone Line Problem
What may appear to be a Wi-Fi issue at first glance may not be a network problem at all. When the CaptionCall phone isn’t connected to the phone line, you’ll see a “Telephone Line Problem” alert. Make sure the phone line is connected to the phone port on the back of your phone and to the phone jack on your wall. If the alert doesn’t go away, you may need to contact your phone service provider to fix the problem.
If the above tips don’t work and you’re technologically savvy, you could also navigate to the Network Diagnostics screen to find out why your wireless connection has been disrupted.
- Press the settings icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scroll down to “NETWORK” and press “Diagnostics.”
The menu will indicate what’s wrong with a red checkmark and offer details explaining the issue
Still Having Wi-Fi Problems?
We’ve created step-by-step guide videos that you can reference as you troubleshoot your phone. If those don’t help you resolve Wi-Fi issues on your CaptionCall phone, our friendly support team is standing by to help. You can reach us at 833-691-1600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CaptionCall is at your service, so don’t hesitate to reach out.