How can I get CaptionCall?
There are two options for receiving CaptionCall:
1. Order a CaptionCall phone today for only $75 by clicking here or calling 1-877-865-9228. You can get a rebate for your cost at any time by providing us a professional certification of hearing loss. Download a rebate request here.
2. Receive CaptionCall at no cost by visiting a hearing care professional first. There is no up-front cost when you submit a signed professional certification with your request for a phone. Download a certification form here.
Does CaptionCall provide free installation?
Yes! Local CaptionCall representatives will deliver the phone. Our Red Carpet Service includes free installation and hands-on training.
Will using CaptionCall increase my monthly phone service bill?
No. CaptionCall works automatically with your phone service provider, with no increase to your monthly bill. The captioning service for qualified users is paid for by the federal government through the Americans with Disabilities Act.
How can the CaptionCall service be free?
Thanks to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), funds are set aside to help people with hearing loss effectively use the telephone. CaptionCall is an FCC-authorized captioned telephone service provider and is compensated fromby the the Interstate Telecommunications Relay Service fund, which is administered by the Federal Communications Commission, FCC for providing the captioning service.
Who qualifies to get CaptionCall?
To be eligible and use CaptionCall, you must have:
- Hearing loss that necessitates the use of captioned telephone service
- High-speed internet connection
- A self-certification that you have a hearing loss that requires the use of captions to use the telephone as well as mandatory registration information must also be provided before you can use the CaptionCall service.
What information is required before I can use CaptionCall?
Federal requirements require that each individual who qualifies for the program provide the following certification and registration information:
- A self-certification that you have a hearing loss that necessitates use of captioned telephone service; that you understand captions on the captioned telephone service are provided by a Communications Assistant who listens to the other party on the line to provide the text on the captioned phone; that you understand that the captioning service is funded through a federal program; that you will not permit, to the best of your ability, persons who have not been registered to use CaptionCall to make captioned telephone calls.
- Registration information includes your full name, address, telephone number as well as the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and date of birth.
The certification and registration information are collected when the CaptionCall phone is installed. The CaptionCall captioning service cannot be used without providing both the self-certification and registration information.
How can I get my hearing loss certified for a no-cost CaptionCall phone?
It’s easier than you might think. Whether you prefer to get reimbursed for your payment, or provide a certification of hearing loss before installation, a professional certification of hearing loss enables you to get CaptionCall at no cost. Visit your regular doctor, or go to a nearby hearing care professional and ask for a hearing evaluation. If hearing loss is making it difficult for you to use the phone, and if, in their professional opinion, you would benefit from captions during your telephone calls would allow you to use the phone more effectively, they can complete the certification form you need to request a no-cost phone or get reimbursed for your $75 purchase. You can submit the form to us, or have your hearing care professional send it. Learn more
What happens after my Certification Form is submitted?
Once a form is received by CaptionCall, we will contact you within a couple business days to set up an appointment for the phone installation or arrange your reimbursement. If you have questions about the status of your certification, contact Customer Support at 1-877-557-2227 or email@example.com
Where is CaptionCall available?
The CaptionCall service is available throughout the United States. It is for qualified individuals and supported through the federal government’s Interstate Telecommunications Relay Service fund, which is administered by the Federal Communications Commission.
I have a CaptionCall phone, can I get a second phone?
You can purchase additional phones for $75 each. CaptionCall will provide free delivery and installation for all phones. Additional phones are not eligible for reimbursement.