CaptionCall is proud to be the Capital Sponsor of the Hearing Loss Association of America Walk4hearing to raise funds and awareness for hearing loss.
Walk4Hearing is the largest walk for hearing loss awareness in the country. Every spring and fall thousands of walkers –form teams and walk in their communities to increase public awareness about hearing loss and raise funds for programs and services.
You can help!
- Find a walk in your area at walk4hearing.org
- Start a team or register as an individual
- Make a general walk donation
- Donate to HLAA (https://www.hearingloss.org/make-an-impact/donate/)
- You can still make a difference even if there isn’t a walk in your area
- Spread the word on social media
- Tell your friends and family about the HLAA mission and help raise awareness
Walks begin in just a few weeks around the country. NOTE: Can we link each of these to their respective walk pages?
Milwaukee, Wisconsin – May 11
Westchester/Rockland, New York – May 11
Milford, Michigan – May 18
Salt Lake City, Utah – May 18
Long Beach, California – June 8
Littleton, Colorado – June 9
New Britain, Connecticut – June 9
Nashville, Tennessee – June 15
Funds raised will be used to on a national and local level to:
- Raise public awareness and provide unbiased information about hearing health
- Advocate at the federal level to support policies such as hearing aid compatible and captioned phones, hearing access in public places, and captioning on the internet
- Hold research symposia on relevant hearing loss issues
- Support those on their hearing journey, including parents of children with hearing loss
- Work with industry to ensure that products are accessible to people with hearing loss
- Provide consumer input to research
- Offer resource toolkits for the workplace and in medical settings.
- Provide resources such as captioning and meeting spaces for HLAA Chapters to educate and support their local hearing loss community
- Help fund college tuition scholarships for students with hearing loss
- Financially assist those that cannot afford hearing aids and other devices
- Establish hearing access in public places through the installation of hearing assistive technology
- Hold hearing health seminars sponsored by HLAA Chapters and other community groups
CaptionCall is an ambassador for hearing health and an advocate for people with hearing loss. We encourage everyone to actively manage their hearing health through regular hearing evaluations and to seek early treatment when hearing loss is identified. We are obsessed with helping those with hearing loss stay socially engaged for a longer, happier, healthier life. To learn more about CaptionCall and how you can qualify for a no-cost CaptionCall phone, visit www.captioncall.com