Looking for more reasons why getting a hearing aid is good for you? Healthyhearing.com has a great list of 5 ways that hearing aids can help you live longer.
- Hearing aids help with balance – Falls can be very dangerous as we age and hearing loss has been tied to increased chances of falling.
- Hearing aids will help you respond during an emergency – It can be difficult to react in an emergency when you can’t hear everything that is going on. Getting hearing aids will help you discern critical information during an emergency and feel more confident in what you are hearing.
- Hearing aids have been shown to reduce the risk of depression – Depression can lead to many health issues. Being proactive about your hearing care may help keep those grey clouds away.
- Hearing aids reduce social isolation – Isolation can lead to depression and other health risks. Making sure you can hear will keep you at your social best!
- Hearing aids can reduce the risk of dementia – Untreated hearing loss can lead to cognitive decline. Make sure you are taking steps with your hearing care professional so you can keep your mind in ship shape!
Hearing aids are key to living a long, healthy and happy life as you age. If you are noticing that you aren’t hearing as well as you used to, schedule a hearing test today.
CaptionCall is an active advocate for people with hearing loss. We encourage people with hearing loss to seek treatment early and to actively manage their hearing care. Our mission is to help people with hearing loss stay socially connected for a longer, happier, healthier life!
Written By John Apgar