What is CaptionCall?
If you have hearing loss that impairs your ability to use the telephone, CaptionCall can allow you to use the phone as effectively as you would if you did not have hearing loss. CaptionCall is a captioned telephone service that lets you talk on the phone while reading captions of what the other person is saying, while using your residual hearing to hear your caller’s voice. This service helps many people with hearing loss understand conversations more easily and effectively. You can enjoy talking with friends and family, plus make your everyday phone calls, such as talking to your doctor’s office or setting appointments. The CaptionCall phone and mobile application work just like your normal phone, but our top-of-the-line captioning technology and live captioning agent help make for the most accurate and near real-time captioning possible.
When you make or receive a call using CaptionCall, the live Captioning Agent is automatically connected to the call. This person uses voice-recognition technology and manual corrections to turn the audio into captions. This combination of technology and human involvement helps CaptionCall deliver the most accurate captions possible. We follow strict confidentiality regulations set forth by the Federal Communications Commission, and at no point are your conversations disclosed to others or recorded. It’s also important to note that the captioning agent only hears the caller’s end of the conversation.
With CaptionCall Mobile, you can use your mobile device to make and receive captioned phone calls wherever you are. CaptionCall Mobile is available for Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, and Android (coming soon) devices.
What is Captioned Telephone Service?
Internet Protocol Captioned Telephone Service (IP CTS) is an internet-based relay service available to eligible individuals who have hearing loss that necessitates the use of captioned telephone service. CaptionCall is an FCC-authorized IP CTS provider.
CaptionCall prides itself on our world-class, renowned red-carpet service, which includes:
- Free Delivery – we personally bring the CaptionCall phone to your home and are dedicated to your safety wearing PPE to protect you and our trainers.
- Free installation – we will connect your phone and make sure it works properly.
- Free Personalized Training - Our professional representatives are selected because they are friendly, patient, and ready to show you how to make the most of your CaptionCall phone and to give you hands-on instruction and can ask any questions you need.
- 24/7 Customer Support – have questions about your phone or service? We’re here to help. You can reach our customer support any time by phone or email.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – If you’re not happy with your CaptionCall phone or service, we’re not happy. We’ll make every effort to make your experience positive. But if you are not satisfied with CaptionCall for any reason, you can discontinue the service and return the phone at no cost.
Is CaptionCall really free of charge?
As a provision of the Americans with Disabilities Act , the U.S. federal government established a fund to provide individuals with hearing loss access to captioned telephone service at no cost. This captioning service is administered by the FCC using funds from surcharges on all telephone bills. So, if you’ve paid a phone bill, you’ve already contributed to this important service. CaptionCall is an FCC-authorized captioned telephone service provider and is compensated by the government for providing this service. No costs are passed on to qualified users.
Whether you use the CaptionCall phone and service in your home, or you download the mobile app that allows you to take CaptionCall with you wherever you go, there really are no costs for you as the consumer.