FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS ANYONE BUT REGISTERED USERS WITH HEARING LOSS FROM USING INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) CAPTIONED TELEPHONES WITH THE CAPTIONS TURNED ON. IP Captioned Telephone Service may use a live operator. The operator generates captions of what the other party to the call says. These captions are then sent to your phone. There is a cost for each minute of captions generated, paid from a federally administered fund. No costs are passed along to individuals who qualify for the service.
CaptionCall is a revolutionary telephone
CaptionCall is a revolutionary telephone for anyone who has difficulty hearing on the phone. Hearing loss affects millions of Americans for many different reasons such as age, illness, injury, loud working conditions, and military service. It does not, however, have to limit the quality of their phone conversations. CaptionCall makes it easy to communicate confidently with friends, family and colleagues by phone.
Similar to captioned television, CaptionCall communication assistants use voice recognition technology to quickly provide written captions of what callers say on a large, easy-to-read screen. Plus, CaptionCall offers exceptional sound quality with amplification and customizable audio settings to match an individual’s unique hearing loss.
The CaptionCall phone, combined with free captioning service and our red-carpet service (free delivery, installation, in-home training by a friendly CaptionCall Trainer, and ongoing customer support) enables people to use the phone again with confidence.
With CaptionCall you can understand every call.
- Don't miss out on important telephone conversations with friends and family.
- Stay independent and in charge of your communication.
Plus, all CaptionCall phones are installed by a knowledgeable, friendly CaptionCall Trainer for free. We'll setup the phone and make sure you're comfortable using CaptionCall.
To receive CaptionCall, you’ll need:
- A medically-recognized hearing loss
- An internet connection
- A standard home telephone connection. (Landline)
CaptionCall is FREE with a professional certification form from a professional qualified to evaluate hearing loss. After you submit your information, you will receive your Professional Certification Form for download.
8 interesting facts about CaptionCall
- CaptionCall is the most recommended captioned telephone solution by Hearing Care professionals.
- Over 5000 Hearing-care professionals recommended CaptionCall for their patients within the last year.
- CaptionCall has hundreds of local representatives that service customers across the country.
- All CaptionCall Installers/Trainers are CaptionCall employees, not contractors or third-party vendors.
- The CaptionCall captioning service is the most widely used captioning telephone service in the United States.
- CaptionCall operates nine U.S. based centers to caption telephone calls.
- CaptionCall Communications Assistants go through rigorous training before being allowed to caption telephone calls.
- CaptionCall has dedicated U.S. based Customer Support and Technical Support teams.