- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected;
- Who is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- How we protect the information; and
- How you can delete or correct any inaccuracies in the information.
I. Collection of Information
A. What Information We Collect
CaptionCall may collect information about you, your use of our products and services, and our business relationship with you.
We may collect personally identifiable information (“PII” or “Personal Information”), meaning information that can be used to identify or contact you. Examples include your name, address and telephone number. CaptionCall generally collects Personal Information in two ways: (1) when you choose to use, apply for, or register for a service or product offered by CaptionCall, or (2) when you choose to send an e-mail to, participate in surveys, or engage in other transactions or interactions with CaptionCall.
Some examples of the type of information we may collect are:
- Your Name
- Your Address(es) (including the physical location from which you will access Captioned Telephone Service)
- Your Phone Number(s)
- Your E-mail Address(es)
- Your IP Address(es)
- Your Operating System/Machine Type
- Your Usage of Our Services (including minutes of use, telephone numbers or IP addresses called, date and time of call, among others)
CaptionCall may implement location-based services in the future. If you elect to use those services, we may collect information about and monitor your location information. If you use our location-enabled services other than for 911 calls, we may collect information about your location from those services or your device.
We also may collect non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII” or “Non-Personal Information”) about your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you when you interact with or use our Web site, products or services, or respond to e-mails, newsletters or promotional or other informational communications.
B. How We Collect Information
We may collect Personal or Non-Personal Information when you interact with our products or services. For example, in order to have access to certain CaptionCall products and services, you may give us PII or non-PII when you interact with us about the products or services, complete an application or other registration form(s), or provide other information reasonably necessary for us to provide the products and/or services we offer or provide to you.
We may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services.
C. How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide you with our products and services and to respond to your questions. We also use it to provide a better customer experience and to continue improving the quality of our products and services. We may use Personal and Non-Personal Information to communicate with you about our services, including updates, promotions, and special offers, or to deliver content or advertising that may be of interest to you. We also use the information we collect to ensure that our products, services and website remain functioning and secure, or to investigate, prevent or act on any illegal activities or violations of our Service and Product Agreements.
CaptionCall will access, use, share or disclose your Personal Information, subject to applicable legal restrictions, such as those that apply to Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), under the following limited circumstances.
First, we may access, use, share or disclose your Personal Information if reasonably necessary to:
- Initiate or provide CaptionCall products or services;
- Comply with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- Respond to 911 calls or other emergencies;
- Enforce applicable provisions of CaptionCall's Service and Product Agreements (available at https://captioncall.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CAPTIONCALL_EULA_IVOIP_FINAL_3.2018.pdf) including investigation of potential violations;
- End User License Agreement en Español (https://captioncall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CAPTIONCALL_EULAIVOIP_FINAL_0916-Espa_final.pdf)
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, identity theft, security or other technical issues; or
- Protect the rights, property or safety of CaptionCall, our employees or users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Second, CaptionCall may use your Personal Information for research and analysis in order to improve our products, website and services or in connection with promotional or other informational communications.
Fourth, in the event that CaptionCall undergoes a business transition or change in corporate structure, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ Personal Information may become part of the assets transferred. We may choose in such instances to disclose Personal Information and Non-Personal Information about you, the consumer, to a third party for compensation.
Fifth, in order to provide our services, we may occasionally provide information to other companies or independent contractors that work on our behalf.
Finally, information that does not reveal how to identify or contact a user is not Personally Identifiable Information. For example, “aggregated data,” such as the number of visitors who access CaptionCall's Web site on a particular day or the percentage of users who download services from CaptionCall, does not constitute Personal Information under this Policy.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, to the extent you use CaptionCall to place a telecommunications relay service call (CaptionCall is a form of telecommunications relay service), your privacy rights and CaptionCall’s obligations with regard to any information generated by that call shall be governed by applicable law, including relevant sections of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, and any applicable implementation rules and orders.
D. Links to Other Web Sites
E. E-mails or Other Communications
II. Online Privacy for Children
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information over the Internet from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from that child’s parent or legal guardian. After we receive your permission as a parent or legal guardian, we will only collect, store, and disclose information necessary to provide IP CTS products and services to your child.
When you apply for IP CTS products and services on behalf of your child under the age of 13, we may collect the following information about your child:
• Last 4 digits of social security number
• Email address
• Date of birth
• Phone number associated with the CaptionCall account
• Eligibility information for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals
• Connectivity information, such as information about your child’s internet connection
• Name, email address, and phone number of parent or guardian
When providing IP CTS products and services, CaptionCall (or a company that CaptionCall uses to help provide IP CTS products and services) may collect and store information about:
• Unique identifiers associated with your child’s phone or mobile device, such as a telephone number, IP address, or MAC address
• The length of each call, for accounting purposes
• Your child’s contact lists
• Information necessary to complete or receive a call, including information about who your child is calling or who is calling your child
• Information about your child’s use of the CaptionCall website
CaptionCall may disclose or provide access to this information to third parties for the purpose of providing your child with IP CTS products and services.
Before establishing service for a child under 13, we will provide a parent or guardian a notice of our privacy practices in person, ask whether you consent to these practices, and have you verify your identity by showing a valid, government-issued form of identification.
You have the right to ask CaptionCall at any time to allow you to review the information CaptionCall has collected about your child under the age of 13, to stop collecting personal information about your child, or to delete information it has on file about your child that CaptionCall is not legally obligated to retain.
If you have further questions or requests related to CaptionCall’s online collection of information from children, please contact us at:
IV. Updating or Deleting Your Personal Information
You can always contact us in order to (1) delete your Personal Information from our systems, (2) update the Personal Information that you have provided to us, or (3) change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts or other activities, by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to accommodate such requests, unless such information is needed to comply with valid legal requirements or to protect the rights, property or safety of CaptionCall, our employees or users, or the public. In your request, please provide your name, email address or other contract information, and describe the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed in any such request. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or complicated, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. Because of the way we maintain certain services, including backup systems, even after we delete your information, copies may remain on our servers and systems for a period of time before being deleted. Any requested changes will not have any effect on other information that CaptionCall maintains.